Monday 26 November 2012

Brajesh's Review: Toba Tek Singh Stories


I really thought multiple times before rating this collection of short stories by Manto. After reading the book I was totally emotional. I also felt shame that it took me over 40 years of adult life to discover Manto (yes if you haven't yet, you are making a big mistake) secondly I didn't really feel adequate to rate a legend. But what the hell, if I am giving 5/5 what's there to worry.

Dark, emotional, perceptive and totally real, the stories in this collection revolve around horrors of partition and we can really experience the pain, Manto felt on the same. Strangely after reading this, I felt the style of Mohsin Hamid (Moth Smoke) was probably influenced by Manto. Now eagerly looking forward towards discovering more of Manto, hopefully soon.

Rating : 5 / 5



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...