Monday 1 September 2014

Brajesh's Review : Korma, Kheer & Kismet


Part history, part memoir, part recipe book, part social commentary and part diary is probably the most apt description of this book by Pamela Timms. My wife handed me this book with a strong recommendation, knowing my interest in history, Old Delhi and food.

Pamela has combined her strong knowledge of food with an equally in-depth understanding of “Puraani Dilli”. The characters are colorful and textured, the stories rich and flavored, descriptions vivid and spicy.

Overall the book is satisfying and tasty like a wholesome home-cooked meal. I read the book over one sitting and now have a list of over 15 places which I would like to explore in Old Delhi.

For now "Ashok & Ashok" Korma sits right at the top.

Rating : 4 / 5

Also Read : Kim's Review of Korma, Kheer & Kismet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...