Wednesday 5 March 2014

Brajesh's Review : The Bone Season


Move over Voldemort, Dementors, Dumbledore, Horcruxes, Hogwarts, Hermione and Harry Potter .... It's now time for Nashira, Buzzers, Jaxon, Numa, Oxford, Nick and Paige Mahoney.

I think you may have got the essence of this review by now. So while the world waits to see if Samantha is going to be the next Rowling or not, you should enjoy the 1st in the seven series chronicle of clairvoyant dream-walker Paige.

The Bone Season is surely not kid-fiction like Potter, I would classify it as teen-fantasy-fiction, though critics call it a supernatural-dystopian novel. The world conjured by a 23 year old Samantha is fascinating and exciting.

The book is a page turner and kept my wife awake for 3 nights till she finished it. While I did not find the book that gripping, I loved the characterization and constant surprises that the story throws.

I can't wait to get my hands on part 2, titled 'Mime Order' which releases on 21st Oct.

Rating : 4 / 5

Also read Kim's Review of The Bone Season


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...