Thursday 13 March 2014

Kim's Review : The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Art of Purring


"The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Art of Purring" is The Most Touching and Inspiring book I have ever read in my life. My only regret is that I read this second installment before the first and I've promptly ordered the first book too.

I've been recommending it to everyone that I've been speaking to in the last week and will continue to do so for quite some time to come.

This book, as the name suggests, is written in the voice of the Dalai Lama's Cat who is known by many names - Rinpoche, Swami, HHC - His Holiness' Cat amongst others.

The story starts with the Dalai Lama setting off on a long journey and tasking his Little Snow Lion with "investigating the art of purring" or rather finding the source of happiness. HHC wanders around the town in his favourite old haunts and investigates some new ones too. In the course of his wanderings, he is a silent participant in multiple conversations from different perspectives on happiness, contentent and satisfaction.

The insights, the teachings, the perspectives in this book are wide ranging and each one is brilliant fodder for thought.

While the tale itself, compelled me to race through, I had to restrict myself to a chapter a day, so that I could reflect on the ideas expounded.

Nothing I say or write, can even begin to do justice to this book. So I'll just humbly request you to read it and let me know if you agree with my rating.


Rating : 5 / 5



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...