Tuesday 21 October 2014

Brajesh's Review : The Innocent



With Lee Child and Jack Reacher dominating my thriller fiction appetite, I had virtually forgotten how good a thriller writer David Baldacci is.

In "The Innocent" he introduces us to Robie the US Government undercover assassin, making hits across the globe to keep the world a safe place. Before one knows it, from being the hunter, Robie turns into the hunted.

However one never realizes this shift in power till about the last quarter of the book. The pace is supersonic as usual, characters strong and plot believable. The book spans from Edinburgh to Middle East before returning to US.

All along the read, the plot kept on expanding and I feared how it would all come-together. Baldacci does the closing, in an amazingly simple yet comprehensive manner, and I couldn’t think of even one lose thread left hanging. This for me is the real strength of this book.

I am happy to have rediscovered Baldacci, as I was coming to the end of my Lee Child journey with only one book left to read, not counting the latest “Personal” which arrived only yesterday.


Rating : 4 / 5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...