Monday 14 January 2013

Brajesh's Review: The Hard Way


I have totally turned into a Jack Reacher Junkie ;) I need a Lee Child book every month to get my fix :). So the next two have also been ordered and are ready to be ODed on ;).

The Jack Reacher movie just didn't live up to my expectations - as a result One Shot will probably lie on our shelf unread :(). Jack Reacher in my minds eye (as imagined from the book description) is blond, bigger and beefier. More like Arnold Schwarzenegger than Tom Cruise.

The appeal of the books for me is the insight into Jack Reachers mind and the understanding of how it works. Obviously, the movie couldn't do justice to this aspect.

Hard Way is another standard Jack Reacher in every way - unexpected beginning, seemingly simple yet complex plot, parallel options at every turn, pretty women in bed with Jack Reacher, surprise turn of events and gun fight to end the novel. So for a Jack Reacher junkie, "The Hard Way" is the right balanced dose.

Rating : 4 / 5

Click on this link for our other Lee Child - Jack Reacher Reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...