Sunday 30 June 2013

Brajesh's Review : The Visitor


Finally a Jack Reacher that gets 4.5. I broke my own record of giving 4 to all Jack Reacher books. Well I was forced by the plot of this page turner to give "The Visitor" a higher rating.. I HAD to finish this, over a 3 day break (read it at every possible opportunity I got) This one has all the ingredients of a thriller - Serial Killer, Murder Mystery, FBI - Army conflict, Length and breadth of US, Romance, Flings etc.etc.

This is the Perfect Book  if anyone wants to take the Jack Reacher/Lee Child franchise past the first Hollywood attempt with "Perfect Shot". Classic Whodunit with clues sprayed around for you to figure, but done very smartly. I had my own theory on "How" it was done and it turned out to be true , but not before I reached the last 10 pages and the "Who" part was a classic straight from whodunit 101. Must read for every Reacher fan, as this is the only time that he is actually anchored with a house-car-girlfriend in his life, though not for long. If I write anymore in this review, it would need spoiler alerts so I will stop.

Rating : 4.5 / 5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...