Tuesday 13 August 2013

Brajesh's Review: Bad Luck & Trouble


 Finally I broke my rule. The first Lee Child which disappointed me - to give a sub 4 score. While the plot unites Jack Reacher with his 7 MIs from the army days and has an explosive start with a lot of potential, the story just never takes-off.

The number sequence suspense promised lots but fizzled halfway through. The action built-up well but never boiled over. The romance teased but never blossomed..... In the end the book felt like a half cooked delicacy. Since I have read a lot of Jack Reacher (7 before this) I am now picking ones which have got acclaim of some kind (source Wiki) , since this one failed that test , I am going back to trusting my intuition and awaiting the arrival of "Enemy"

Rating : 3.5 / 5


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...