Wednesday 9 October 2013

Brajesh's Review : Chicken Soup for the Dieter's Soul


I picked up "Chicken Soup for the Dieter's Soul" in my quest to add knowledge and gain inspiration for my own weight loss regime. Must say, I was mighty disappointed. All the stories have an identical theme and hardly any layers or insights.

American lifestyle leading to a moment of crisis, which brings a lifestyle change resulting in significant weight loss is the common script of all stories.

Only one story stood out for me, where the writer relates his over-eating problem to childhood deprivation. To some extent I could relate to it. The book is a totally avoidable read. If you want to read a good relatable book on weight loss I would recommend "Confessions of a Serial Dieter" by Kali Puri.

Rating : 2 / 5



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...