Thursday 22 October 2015

Kim's Review : Before Watchmen - Minute Men / Silk Spectre


Confession Time : I own a copy of Watchmen - Yes, that so called pinnacle of Graphic Novel Art. I have owned it for over a year. It is sitting on my bookshelf and I have not yet read it. {insert blushing emoticon here}

The husband had read it though and he was very excited when we saw this prequel at our local library. I thought that since I needed to return the book and it was a prequel, it would be good to read this first before reading the main book itself. But I'd have to say that this was a bit of a mistake.

The books aren't meant to be read that way.

As a standalone, this is a lovely book. Beautifully illustrated with a crime fighting story line. I much preferred Minute Men over Silk Spectre. Somehow I haven't been able to connect to her character and I don't like her very much. I was rooting more for her daughter than the original silk spectre.

Maybe once I actually read Watchmen, I will come back to this book again and see if it feels any different.

Rating : 3.5 / 5



#100BooksPact 2/100 & 3/100

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...