Thursday 5 November 2015

Brajesh's Review : Alice's Adventures in Wonderland


This being the 150th year since Charles Lutwidge Dodgson published this ageless story of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" - which was originally narrated during a boat ride on river Isis in the University town of Oxford.

Over the last year during my many trips to Oxford, I have heard about the story and seen the places where the story unfolded. Strangely while I got to know all about the history of the author, book related scandals and experienced the city, I had not read the book! So when Kim gifted me a Kindle on my birthday, the first book I downloaded was the original edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

My first reaction after reading the book was of amazement that this is classified as a children’s book. I found so many layers and such profound subtlety of social and moral commentary that I used the highlight function of the new Kindle quite liberally. Hoping to use these passages in my future lectures and presentations. A sample of these highlights is in the next picture. A great start to my new e-reader journey with this lovely timeless book.


Rating : 4.5/5



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...