Friday 6 November 2015

Brajesh's Review : Watchmen


Last year when I was getting excited by the world of graphic novels, I asked a few literary friends for recommendations on the Best Graphic Novels. Watchmen was a recommendation by many of my friends and on ordering the book, I also realized that it is one of Time Magazine’s 100 best novels of all time.

I started this book three times before I could finish it this month. The fact that the book kept on pulling me back to it, inspite of so many stop-starts is a testimony to the magically complex, morally ambiguous and ethically debatable world of late 20th century.

The book starts with the death of a masked-super-hero in America around 1985 and moves back and forth in time and space in a beautifully languid and fluid manner, which can only be experienced through the book. Each chapter of this massive book is a story in itself and I would recommend each booklover to give this book a shot.

Text only narratives, in between the chapters act as background explainer, pace amplifier, or at times open a completely new dimension to a character or concept. The book totally lives up to its reputation of a classic. You can experience a sliver of watchmen beauty through the next few pictures in this album.




Rating : 5/5



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...