Tuesday 31 December 2013

Brajesh's Review : The One Minute Manager


Picked up Ken Blanchard's "The One Minute Manager" to gift to a colleague and then felt obliged to read it.

I thought it would be just another one of the clichéd management-magic books, but was pleasantly surprised to see that the 3 basic concepts of OMM are as relevant today as they were in 1981. Not surprisingly, given the fact that these are rooted in basic human psychology, medicine and behavioural sciences.

Sharp Goal Setting along with Instantaneous Genuine Feedback both in the form of Reprimand and Praise is the core of the book, and I feel could help a lot of the young rising stars of the Corporate World, who keep oscillating between task and people focus.

.... And that brings 2013 to a close. A delightful year with a variety of books read. 57 books in a year really makes me feel great and I hope I can do even better next year. Here's a roundup of my favourite books of the year : My Top 10 Reads of 2013

If my reading pile is something to go by, I am sure to rock 2014. Here's wishing all of you a great book filled 2014.

Rating : 3.5 / 5



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...