Wednesday 23 July 2014

Brajesh's Review : Labyrinth


Labyrinth is the print version of some selected short stories from the virtual world of Litizen.com.

A quick peek into the website tells us that this is a place where readers meet writers. The thought sounds noble and I also feel the site could be a great place for budding writers to get some exposure and may be constructive criticism.

Unfortunately, if I go by the stories in this collection titled Labyrinth, the site doesn’t have much hope.

Out of 17 short-stories in this collection, the best is “Sym – World” by Aditi Chincholi, which is set in the virtually reality of a video game. Most of the other stories were quite ordinary and a few were downright silly.

If I had to rate all the stories apart from Aditi’s story above, there were only two more which would qualify as readable. I have attached my ratings of these stories in the next picture.

I am still wondering what made me pick this collection up during my usual book-shop browsing (inspite of Kim requesting me not to).

If I would have read the acknowledgements and realized that the real force behind this publication was Shobha De, it might have saved me some time.

More than the stories I was happy to discover the website and hope to explore it in future .

Rating : 2.5 / 5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...