Monday 7 July 2014

Brajesh's Review : Talk like TED - 9 Public Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds


Being a TED fan, I had to pick this one up. Unfortunately this book by Carmine Gallo, is neither well written nor well researched.

The basic framework is built around 3 sections of Emotional, Novel and Memorable approach to presentation. Each of these also includes the 3 subsections which are fairly intuitive and basic.

While the neurological research supporting the construct sounds strong, the presentation is weak and does not add to the structure. I would ask you to skip this one and keep browsing TED.com to improve your presentation skills.

Or you can also look at my summary cheat-sheet to get all the gyaan of this book on one page .


The only plus from this book is that I now have a list of 10 odd great TED talks which I seem to have missed-out.

Rating : 2.5 / 5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...