Saturday 31 January 2015

Brajesh's Review : Four - A Divergent Collection



Four - A Divergent Collection - was a new experience for me, I knew the story, I knew the characters, I knew the plot twists and this gave me a different kind of peace while reading this book.

One is not rushed in the narrative and you enjoy newer nuances of the story. It gave me a feel on how people would experience re-reading a book. This is something I seldom do, but after this experience I might start.

Veronica says, that when she started writing the trilogy she wanted to write it from Four’s point of view. However after a few chapters the story got stuck, and she moved to Tris’s voice. In Allegiant both Four and Tris get equal voice and one gets a peek into Four’s mind.

This book truly does justice to him. The story begins with Four’s transfer into Dauntless and his complex relationship with his parents. The main body of the book is almost like a prequel to Divergent, and the last 3 short stories tell Tris’s story but from Four’s eyes. Read after you are done with the main trilogy.

Rating : 3.5 / 5

Also read Kim's Review of The Divergent Trilogy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...